Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Swimming lessons & prayers

Amber and Kate are taking swimming lessons this week at Green Canyon. Yesterday, during Amber's 4th lesson (on her 2nd day), I noticed her sitting alone at the shallow end of the pool crying, while her class went on. My mommy heart ached for her. I wanted to save her from her sad situation. Her teacher was pushing her to do hard things and she was scared. I considered having them move her down a level, but her teacher assured me she is a good swimmer and was in the right level. She just lacked confidence.

That night I prayed that she would feel more confident and happy in her class. I reminded her of the primary motto which says in part, "I can pray anytime, anywhere." I told her she can even pray in a swimming pool. I asked her what would be a good reward for swimming the short length of the pool. She proposed a grandma date to go to City Hall. (That's a fairly easy wish to grant).

She did much better today. She told me in-between her two classes today, "Mom, I said a prayer when I was scared and it worked!" She assured me that she swam all the way across the pool today, but I didn't see it. I'll be watching more closely tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment