Saturday, May 30, 2009

yardwork and gifts

I spent the day doing yard work. I love spending the day outside. Rich helped me finish buildling a retaining wall along the south side of the shop. I really enjoyed working with him and laughing with him. Amber went with me to Cal Ranch and the nursery. We enjoyed the one on one. She was excited to pick her very own annuals to plant.

My dad's birthday was yesterday. We're gathering tomorrow for a party. While praying this morning, I felt prompted to call my mom & ask how I could help her. She's letting me bake the cake & cut up fruit and vegetables. I'm excited to help; especially becuase I feel like I responded to a spiritual prompting. This is joy that comes from knowing you are doing what the Lord wants you to do.

I headed to the store at 8:35 pm to buy my dad a gift. He does so much for us. I want some way to express my thanks and love for him. But, he's a hard one to buy gifts for and our budget is so tiny. Rich suggested buying him some shorts. He only has one pair of shorts & they are too short for my mom's liking. I was heading to Down East, when I felt like I should go to KMart. I knew it was a spiritual prompting, and I was surprized that the Lord would care. I went and was pleased to find mens shorts 40% off.

My mom dropped by when I was gone to deliver the fruits & veggies and some clothes for Amber from gymboree. Kate liked them so much they've decied to share them. Amber really is a nice sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment